What are the advatages & disadvantages of heat pumps?
Heat pumps can be excellent heating systems for households and businesses. Before you decide whether a heat pump is right for you, let’s take a look at some of the advantages & disadvantages of heat pumps.
- Save upto £1,090 on your heating bills*
- Reduce your Co² emissions and carbon footprint
- Heat Pumps require very little or no maintenance
- Receive £855 to £925 cashback per year in the form of the Renewable Heat Incentive*
- Replaces your boiler & provides hot water & heating
- Replaces gas, fuel or oil heating
- Fast, no mess installations
- System often “pays for itself”*
- Control heating & hot water from your phone
- Excellent for off grid properties
- No fuel, oil, LPG or coal deliveries or storage
- Safer than combustion heating
- Longer life spans than most other heating systems
The main benefit from installing a heat pump are the financial savings you can make. Not only do you save money on heating bills (up to £1,090 when switching from heating oil*) but you also receive cashback every quarter from the government based on how much energy you use.
As heat pumps are more efficient that conventional heating, the cost to the environment is much diminished and can reduce carbon output by 7 tonnes when compared to coal or 3.3 tonnes compared to a gas boiler*. To give you some idea what that means, it would take over one hectare of trees to capture that amount of carbon!
Heat pumps can also be easy to fund and pay for themselves. If you are looking to replace your heating system, then finance is available and the cost will be offset against the savings you make.
- External installation, so can effect the look of your home
- Lower temperature outputs
- Planning permissions is sometimes needed
- High initial costs
- Slow to heat up
Heat pumps have a lower temperature output than traditional heating and so you may need to increase the size of your radiators. However, if this is not possible, you can opt for a high-temp split system that avoid this requirement and does not cost any more than a standard air source heat pump.
The high cost of installing a heat pump can be off putting despite the savings that will be made in reduced energy bills and government cashback. Suns Energy UK have a range of finance packages to help you with this cost or you could speak to your bank to obtain funding in the knowledge that the system pays for itself*.
As the unit is mounted externally, the household asthetics may be affected. Also, in Wales & Northern Ireland, planning permission may be required. In Scotland & England, it will depend on the size and type of your property.
As expert installers of heat pumps, Suns Energy help you through this process.
Choose Suns Energy Air Source Heat Pumps
- We only install high quality LG heat pumps
- Free loft insulation to improve your energy efficiency
- We are a Trading Standards Approved installer
- Finance available for purchase and installation
- Free no obligation home survey & quote
- 7 year warrany
If you want to speak to us further about your interest in Heat Pumps or anything else then send us a quick message by Clicking HERE and we will respond to your query.
Or call us on 08432 164174
*Data from The Energy Saving Trust – figures correct as of June 2017. Speak to one of our friendly advisors to find out how quickly your Air Source Heat Pump would pay for itself in the form of Government incentives & reduced energy bills.